Gluconorm 500 Mg Tablet Sr 10
Metformin which helps to reduce blood sugar levels. It is mainly prescribed for the management of type 2 diabetes. It is prescribed either as mono therapy or in combination with other antihyperglycemic drugs. It helps to prevent kidney damage, blindness, and nerve disorders in the diabetic patients. It is also prescribed for the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). However, metformin is not prescribed for the treatment of type 1 diabetes.
How does the drug work?
Metformin is an oral antihyperglycemic agent which is mainly used to treat hyperglycemia. It reduces blood glucose levels by decreasing the glucose absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, improves the insulin sensitivity by increasing the uptake of glucose into muscle and inhibits biosynthesis of glucose from amino acids.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects reported for metformin are acidity, bleching, bloating, heart burn, loss of appetite, metallic taste in mouth, vomiting, weight loss, and stomach pain. In rare cases, patients have reported having abnormal stools, joint pain, flu-like symptoms, runny nose, sneezing, swollen joints and discoloration of finger nails or toe nails.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What should I do if I miss a dose? If you forget to take the medication at the usual time, you must take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, you must skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
2. Are there any storage precautions for metformin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Should I take vitamin B12 supplements with metformin? Long term use of metformin may cause vitamin B12 deficiency in few patients. You should consult your doc-or and discuss it. Do not take vitamin B12 supplements without your physician’s prescription.
4. Is metformin effective for the type 1 diabetes? No. Metformin is not effective for the treatment of type 1 or juvenile diabetes
5. What are the non-diabetic uses of metformin? Metformin is used to treat PCOS in women. You must discuss with your doctor before taking metformin for the condition.