Goodnoct 6.25 MG Tablet Xr 10
Zolpidem is mainly used for the treatment of insomnia (difficulty in sleeping).
Mode of drug action :
Zolpidem suppresses the excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain and there by induces sleep.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects are sleepiness, dizziness, uncoordinated body movements, memory impairment, nervousness, and headache.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• The medicine should be taken 30 – 45 min before going to bed.
• The doctor should be informed if the patient is allergic to Goodnoct XR or to any other ingredients.
• Goodnoct XR is habit forming, so it should be taken only on doctor’s prescription and for a short period.
• The medicine should be avoided if the patient has consumed alcohol in the daytime or before bed.
• The patient should not drive or operate heavy machinery after consumption of Goodnoct XR.
• This medicine should not be continued for more than 2 weeks without consulting the doctor.
• The doctor should be informed immediately if there are severe allergic reactions with symptoms like hives, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lips, tongue and throat.
What else should I know?
1. Does zolpidem increase blood pressure/ cause headaches/ weight loss? Headache is a common side effect of zolpidem. There is no known effect of zolpidem on blood pressure and weight loss.
2. Does zolpidem have acetaminophen or aspirin in it? No, zolpidem does not have acetaminophen or aspirin in it.
3. Does zolpidem help in the treatment of anxiety? Zolpidem is mainly used to treat insomnia, which may relieve anxiety in some patients. It is not prescribed for the treatment of anxiety alone because it does not work as other sedatives or anti-anxiety drugs.
4. Does zolpidem make you high? It has a calming effect on the brain and thus induces sleep. This calming effect may be perceived as a pleasant or feeling high. On continuous usage, it makes the patient dependent on the medicine.
5. Is it safe to use zolpidem during pregnancy or breastfeeding? There is no known facts about its usage during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. However, the doctor should be consulted before taking zolpidem if the patient is pregnant or breastfeeding.