Gris Odt 250 MG Tablet 7
Terbinafine is the main constituent of the medicine texifen which is used to treat fungal infections. Terbinafine uses include treatment of athlete’s skin, ringworm, jock itch, and certain other skin infections caused by the fungus.
Mode of drug action :
Terbinafine acts by inhibiting the synthesis of ergosterol, a cholesterol component present in the fungal cell membrane. This leads to the death of the fungus.
What are the common side effects?
The common terbinafine side effects are skin rash, taste disturbances, diarrhea, nausea, indigestion, vomiting, headache, cough and fever.
Pregnancy: Safe under medical guidance Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Individuals who have a past allergic reaction to terbinafine should not use Gris Odt.
• In case of an active or chronic liver disease, Gris Odt should be avoided.
• People using Gris Odt need continuous monitoring of their immune system and liver function. Discontinuation of the drug may be required in case of severe abnormalities.
• Stop using Gris Odt if serious skin reactions, taste and smell disturbances occur.
• Consult a doctor before using any other medicines along with Gris Odt drug.
• Inform a doctor in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding to ensure the safety of the baby.
• Avoid using Gris Odt in children below 12 years.
• Use exactly as directed by a physician to avoid or reduce side effects.
What else should I know?
1. How long does it take for the improvement of nail beds with terbinafine? The treatment of nail beds with terbinafine tablets requires several months to show improvement.
2. How will I know if my liver function is getting impaired with terbinafine? You will have symptoms such as dark urine, jaundice, stomach pain and loss of appetite. These symptoms indicate that your liver function is getting deteriorated.
3. Can I use tanning beds to prevent sun tan with terbinafine? Do not use tanning beds. Instead use sunscreen lotion to prevent light sensitive reactions such as tanning.
4. What if I miss taking a dose of terbinafine? Skip the missed dose and take the next dose if it is less than 4 hours due for the next dose.
5. What is the dose of terbinafine for the treatment of Tinea capitis in children? The usual dose of terbinafine drug for the treatment of Tinea capitis in children is about 18
7.5 mg, to be given orally for 6 weeks. However, consult a doctor who may adjust the dose based on the weight of your child.