Gudcef-Xl 200/500 Mg Tablet Xl 10
Cloxacillin is used to treat several types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, endocarditis, skin infections, joint infections, sepsis, etc. Cefpodoxime is used to treat mild to moderate infections caused by bacteria. The infections such as skin or soft tissue infection, inflammation of throat can be treated with cefpodoxime. Cefpodoxime is used to treat urinary tract infections caused by bacteria and the sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea. Lactobacillus is a friendly bacterium used in the treatment of diarrhea in children, infections or discharge from the vagina, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
How does the drug work?
Cloxacillin acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria. Thus, it stops the growth of the bacteria. Cefpodoxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefpodoxime bactericidal action involves inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefpodoxime binds to the penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall. Lactobacillus maintains the required balance of other microflora in the intestine thereby, improving the patient’s condition.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with cloxacillin are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, and diarrhea. The common cefpodoxime side effects are diarrhea, loose stools, and allergic reactions like skin rashes, hives. Cefpodoxime side effects may also include breathing problems, feeling tired, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Lactobacillus may cause gas and bloating in some patients
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can i use Cloxacillin to treat flu? No. Cloxacillin is an antibacterial drug which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and flu is caused due to virus.
2. Can i drink alcohol while using Cloxacillin? No. Do not drink alcohol while using Cloxacillin, as alcohol may interfere with thw bsorption of the drug.
3. Can I take any other OTC drugs along with Cloxacillin? No. Do not use any other OTC drugs along with Cloxacillin without consulting a doctor.
4. Are there any dietary restrictions while using Cloxacillin? Have a normal diet until any dietary change suggested by the doctor.
5. Can I take birth control pills while using Cloxacillin? Consult a doctor before using birth control pills along with Cloxacillin. Cefpodoxime
1. Does cefpodoxime treat viral infections? No, cefpodoxime treats only bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefpodoxime to treat my condition? No, cefpodoxime is not effective against cold and flu.
3. I am on cefpodoxime antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using cefpodoxime medication? Mild diarrhea is common with cefpodoxime antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects of cefpodoxime in pregnant women? cefpodoxime is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefpodoxime medicine? cefpodoxime medicine should be taken with food, as food enhances the levels of cefpodoxime and increases its absorption in the body. Lactobacillus
1. What to do if I have an overdose with Lactobacillus? Immediately call up for medical help in case of an overdose with Lactobacillus.
2. Can I suggest Lactobacillus medicine to others with diarrhea? No. Do not suggest any medicine to others even if they have the same condition. It is a doctor’s right.
3. How to store Lactobacillus? Store in a place away from heat, moisture and light. Check the instructions provided on the label to know the storage instructions. Discard the medicine once it expires.
4. Is it safe to use Lactobacillus in children? Yes. Lactobacillus is effective and safe to treat diarrhea in children.
5. Can I take antibiotics along with Lactobacillus? Give a gap of at least 2 hours after taking the Lactobacillus to prevent the antibiotic action on the bacteria.