Gulf 400 Mg Tablet 10
Gatifloxacin is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes and ears.
How does the drug work?
Gatifloxacin acts by inhibiting the replication of the bacterial genetic material called the DNA. This results in the death of the bacteria.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of gatifloxacin are itching, pain, swelling, redness, and discharge from the eyes, blurred vision, teary eyes and changes in the sense of taste.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is gatifloxacin banned in India? Yes. Gatifloxacin in the form of injection and oral forms is banned in India. However, the topical forms such as eye and ear drops are not banned.
2. Can I wear contact lenses after using the gatifloxacin eye drops? Do not wear contact lenses for about 10-15 minutes after using the gatifloxacin eye drops.
3. Can I drive after using the gatifloxacin eye drops? It is better to avoid driving after using the gatifloxacin eye drops due to the chances of blurred vision with the drug.
4. How to store the gatifloxacin drops? Store the gatifloxacin drops at room temperature, away from light, moisture, and heat. Do not freeze the drops. Keep them out of reach from children.
5. What if I forget a dose of gatifloxacin drops? Do not worry. Use the missed dose immediately as you remember but if it is nearly time for the next scheduled dose, then leave the missed dose. Do not take a double dose for the forgotten dose.