Gynaset 5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Mankind Pharma Ltd.
Strength: 5 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Hormonal preparations
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Heavy menstrual bleeding, Endometriosis
What is Gynaset 5 mg Tablet?
Gynaset 5 mg Tablet contains Norethisterone as an active ingredient which is used to treat heavy menstrual bleeding and endometriosis.
Gynaset 5 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding and endometriosis.
How Does the Drug Work?
Norethisterone has progesterone like effect in the body. It acts by changing the lining of uterus (endometrium) and thus, preventing the attachment of fertilized egg to the uterus. It also controls the irregular uterine bleeding by delaying the onset of periods.
Common Side Effects of Gynaset 5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Gynaset 5 mg Tablet
- Cholestatic jaundice
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in libido
- Breast discomfort
- Weight change
How to Use Gynaset 5 mg Tablet?
Gynaset 5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medication may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Gynaset 5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Gynaset 5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Consult to your doctor if you experience breast discomfort persistently during the treatment with this medication.
- This medicine may cause dizziness in some patients. It is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Gynaset 5 mg Tablet as it can lower your blood pressure. This may make you feel dizzy and you might even faint.
Contraindications while using Gynaset 5 mg Tablet
- This medication is contraindicated for use in the patients with severe liver disease.
- Gynaset 5 mg Tablet is contraindicated for use during pregnancy.
- This medicine is contraindicated for use in the patients with venous thromboembolic disorder.
Possible drug interactions of Gynaset 5 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment of norethisterone with CYP3A4 enzyme inducers such as phenobarbital may reduce serum concentration of this medicine.
- Concomitant treatment of norethisterone with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and vasodilators may cause additive fluid retention.
- Norethisterone may increase the serum concentration of ciclosporin when concomitantly used with it.
Information not available.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Gynaset 5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medicine at room temperature (25-30°C). Keep away from sunlight, moisture and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as symptomatic and supportive medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Is Gynaset 5 mg Tablet a diuretic?
No, Gynaset 5 mg Tablet is not a diuretic. It is a hormonal preparation which is used to treat heavy menstrual bleeding and endometriosis.
- Can I take Gynaset 5 mg Tablet with paracetamol?
Gynaset 5 mg Tablet may show adverse effects if concomitantly used with paracetamol. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.
- Does Gynaset 5 mg Tablet cause dizziness?
Gynaset 5 mg Tablet may cause dizziness as its side effect. Notify to your physician if you have dizziness persistently while taking this medication.
- Can I take alcohol while taking Gynaset 5 mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption is not recommended if you are taking Gynaset 5 mg Tablet as it can lower your blood pressure. This may make you feel dizzy and you might even faint.