Gynomic Np 100 Mg Tablet 10
Progesterone is used to treat progesterone hormone deficiency in women. It helps the reproductive system to function normally. Thus, it is used in the treatment of infertility, irregularities in menstrual cycles, Progesterone also helps to prevent miscarriages, thereby, maintaining the pregnancy and helps to reduce the menopausal symptoms (i.e. hot flushes, irritation, dry vagina, and sleep disturbances) in women.
How does the drug work?
Progesterone is a steroid hormone which binds to the receptors (both progesterone and estrogen receptors). Thus, it regulates the reproductive system and its functions.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of progesterone are acne, dizziness, weight gain or loss, tender breasts, stomach pain, depression, loss of hair from the head, and an increase in facial hair.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Should I inform my surgeon that I am taking progesterone tablets? Yes. You have to inform your surgeon about the use of progesterone because this drug can alter the clotting time.
2. Does alcohol consumption affect progesterone? Alcohol is not known to affect progesterone. However, it is always advisable not to drink alcohol.
3. What should I do if I take more progesterone tablets than what is required? If you take more progesterone tablets than the prescribed dose, you must immediately call up to a doctor. This is because you will be at an increased risk of side effects of progesterone.
4. What if I miss a dose of progesterone? In case of a missed dose, it should be taken immediately. But if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the scheduled next dose. Do not take a double dose to catch up.
5. What is the oral dose of progesterone for amenorrhea? The usual oral dose of progesterone for amenorrhea is 400 mg to be taken for 10 days. It is preferably taken in the evening.