H.B.Rich 300 Mg Syrup 200 Ml
Iron is usually obtained from the foods. It is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen to the tissues. Iron is found in the form of myoglobin in the muscles where it stores oxygen. Elemental iron in the form of supplements is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia. It is also used to treat attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) in children and improve athletic performance.
How does the drug work?
Elemental iron helps in the synthesis of hemoglobin which is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen from the lungs to the other body parts and to carry carbondioxide from the body parts to the lungs. It is also involved in the synthesis of myoglobin which stores oxygen in the muscles.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of iron are constipation, diarrhea, stomach upset or cramps, black stools (harmless).
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How to take iron supplements? Take the iron supplements one to two hours before food (on an empty stomach) with a glass of water. This helps in better absorption of the drug. Do not take antacids, caffeine, tea or any dairy products at least for two hours after taking iron supplements.
2. What should I do if I take an overdose of iron supplements? If you have taken an overdose of iron supplements, then you may develop symptoms such as stomach pain, vomiting, shallow breath, blue lips, cold and clammy skin. Call up for an immediate medical attention.
3. What should I avoid while taking iron supplements? You should not take vitamin or mineral supplements or antacids without a doctor’s prescription.
4. What should I do if I have swelling of face or lips with iron supplements? Swelling of face or lips with iron supplements can be a sign of serious allergic reaction. You must get immediate medical help.
5. I have black stools while taking iron supplements. Do I need to worry about this? Appearance of black colored stools is a common side effect which occurs with iron supplements. However, you need not worry about this because it is harmless.
6. How can I reduce side effects with iron supplements? Take the iron supplements with foods to reduce the associated side effects.