Helexin 500 Mg Capsule 10
Cefalexin is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin and soft tissue, urinary tract infections, infections of the bones and joints and respiratory tract infections.
How does the drug work?
Cefalexin works by attacking the cell wall of the bacteria. It inhibits the synthesis of a cell wall component called peptidoglycan. Thus, the strength of the cell wall is lost and the bacterium is killed readily.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which occur with cefalexin are nausea, stomach discomfort, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, confusion, and certain allergic reactions.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How to take cefalexin tablets? You may take the cefalexin tablets with or without food. Taking with food can minimize stomach discomfort.
2. What is the dose of cefalexin tablets for respiratory tract infections? The usual dose of cefalexin tablets for respiratory tract infections is about 250 mg to be taken at every 6 hours. However, consult a doctor for the right dosage instructions.
3. Can I share cefalexin with my partner who has similar symptoms? Never share or suggest a medicine to anyone with similar symptoms. It is the duty of the doctor to prescribe medicines.
4. What are the symptoms of an overdose of cefalexin? An overdose of cefalexin can result in an increased risk of side effects such as diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting and blood in urine. Immediately consult a doctor if this occurs.
5. How to store liquid cefalexin? Store the liquid form of cefalexin in a refrigerator. Discard the unused drug in 14 days after opening.