Hepasil Syrup 200 Ml
Silymarin is used in the treatment of improved liver function, gall bladder disorders, high blood sugar, cirrhosis, hepatic disorders and gallstones.
How does the drug work?
Silymarin is an active constituent obtained from milk thistle seed (Silybum marianum). It helps in protecting the liver from toxic chemicals. It also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects are nausea, abdominal bloating, indigestion, diarrhea, stomach pain and loss of appetite.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. The doctor prescribed silymarin for my spouse when he was suffering from gallstones. Can I take the same medicine for gallstones? No. Do not self-medicate. Consult your doctor before starting or continuing the use of silymarin.
2. Does silymarin have estrogen? Silymarin does not have estrogen though it acts like estrogen.
3. Can a person get addicted to the use of silymarin? Yes. Prolonged use of silymarin may develop dependence and addiction.
4. Does consumption of silymarin reduce cholesterol level, diarrhea and bilirubin? Diarrhea is one of the common side effects of silymarin. There is no clinical effect observed on cholesterol and bilirubin.
5. Is silymarin a flavonoid? Yes, silymarin contains a mixture of flavonolignans which include silibinin, isosilibinin, silicristin and silidianin.