Histavert 16 Mg Tablet 15
Betahistine is used to treat vertigo, tinnitus and hearing problems associated with Menier’s disease. It is also used to treat nausea associated with vertigo.
How does the drug work?
Betahistine is similar to natural substance called histamine. An imbalance of the fluid present in the inner ear causes nausea, dizziness, spinning sensations or hearing loss. Betahistine acts on the histamine receptors by improving the blood flow and reducing the pressure of the fluid present in the inner ear.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects betahistine include feeling sick, headache, indigestion, vomiting, abdominal pain, bloating, skin reactions such as hives, rash or itching, and allergic reactions such as swelling of face, throat, and tongue.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am using loratadine for allergic rhinitis. Can I use betahistine to relieve nausea and dizzness? Loratadine is an antihistamine and should be avoided while taking betahistine as it decreases the effects. Consult your doctor before taking the medication.
2. Can I use betahistine for relieving tinnitus and dizziness if I have peptic ulcers? No. betahistine may increase the risk of excess acid production in the stomach and can worsen the condition. Seek medical advice before taking the drug.
3. Is betahistine drug used to treat giddiness? Yes. Betahistine is used to treat giddiness and tinnitus. Follow your doctor’s advice regarding the use of the drug.
4. Can I use betahistine during pregnancy? No. The safety of betahistine in pregnancy is not yet established. You must seek medical advice before using the drug.
5. What should I avoid while taking betahistine? One of the common side effects of betahistine is drowsiness. Therefore, you must avoid driving and working on heavy machines while taking the drug.