Hitrex 2.5 Mg Tablet 10
Methotrexate is used to treat many cancers such as breast, skin, head and neck or lung cancer. Folitrax uses also include treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.
How does the drug work?
Folitrax consists of drug methotrexate tablet which belongs to a class of drugs known as antimetabolites. Folitrax tablets are known as cytotoxic as they act by stopping the growth of cells in tumors. It also acts by decreasing the activity of the immune system by blocking several enzymes of the immune system which affects the growth of cancerous cells.
What are the common side effect?
There are many side effects for the Methotrexate, consult your doctor if you notice the following side effects and if they don’t go away.
• Sensitivity to light
• Skin lesions
• Hair loss
• Pain or difficulty in passing urine
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is methotrexate safe in children to treat psoriasis? No. Methotrexate is recommended in children only for cancer chemotherapy.
2. Is it safe to drive after taking methotrexate medication? No. If may feel dizzy, tired, or get a blurred vision after taking methotrexate. So avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
3. Is methotrexate safe to take with antibiotics? No. Methotrexate interacts with few antibiotics such as amoxicillin or Bactrim. Always consult your doctor before taking the medications.
4. Is it safe to take alcohol when on methotrexate medication? No. Alcohol can increase the risk of liver damage when taken with methotrexate.
5. My husband has finished with the treatment of Folitrax 1 month ago. Is it safe to plan for pregnancy now? No. Men should take precautionary measure for at least 90 days after methotrexate treatment ends. Methotrexate use by either parent may cause birth defects.