HOPACE 10 MG TABLET
Manufactured by: Micro Labs Ltd
Strength: 10 mg
Pack size: 15 Tablets
Drug type: ACE inhibitors
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure
What is Hopace 10 mg Tablet?
Hopace 10 mg Tablet contains Ramipril as an active ingredient which is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Hopace 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure (Hypertension) and other heart conditions (heart attack and stroke).
How Does the Drug Work?
Ramipril is a competitive ACE inhibitor which blocks the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II which in turn cause elevated plasma renin activity and vasodilation. Thus, lowers the high blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Hopace 10 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Hopace 10 mg Tablet
- Blurred vision
- Increased heart beat
- Chest tightness
- Back pain
- Tiredness and weakness
How to Use Hopace 10 mg Tablet?
Hopace 10 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Hopace 10 mg Tablet
- Do not take Hopace 10 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this drug.
- Patients are advised to follow a fixed diet and exercise schedule during the treatment with this medication to get the best effect.
- Take this medicine at the fixed dose and duration as advised by your physician.
- Prior consultation to the doctor is advisable before consuming alcohol during the treatment with Hopace 10 mg Tablet.
Contraindications while using Hopace 10 mg Tablet
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the pregnant and lactating women.
- This medication is not recommended for the patients with angioedema, diabetes and renal impairment.
Possible drug interactions of Hopace 10 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment of Hopace 10 mg Tablet with other antihypertensives may potentiate the hypotensive effects of this medication.
- Concomitant treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can increase the risk of impaired renal function.
- Concomitant treatment with potassium sparing supplements may increase the hyperkalaemic effect.
Store this medicine at room temperature. Keep away from moisture and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What are the side effects of Hopace 10 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Hopace 10 mg Tablet include back pain, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart beat tiredness and weakness.
- How often can I take Hopace 10 mg Tablet?
Hopace 10 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- How does Hopace 10 mg Tablet work?
Hopace 10 mg Tablet is a competitive ACE inhibitor which blocks the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II which in turn cause elevated plasma renin activity and vasodilation. Thus, lowers the high blood pressure.
- Is Hopace 10 mg Tablet safe to use during pregnancy?
Hopace 10 mg Tablet is not recommended to use for the pregnant women. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.