Human Monotard 40 Iu Vial 10 Ml
Insulin regular is used for the treatment, control and prevention of diabetes mellitus.
How does the drug work?
Insulin regular helps to treat diabetes mellitus. It controls the blood glucose levels and converts excess glucose into glycogen which is stored in the liver. Insulin regular binds to specific receptors located on various target tissues such as liver, skeletal muscle, and adipose tissue. It regulates the metabolism of carbohydrate, protein, and fats. Insulin regular stimulates hepatic glycogen synthesis and promotes hepatic synthesis of fatty acids. Therefore, it reduces the high blood sugar levels in the diabetic patients by converting them into glycogen or fatty acids.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of insulin regular are: anxiety, blurred vision, chills, cold sweat, confusion, convulsions, and allergy at the site of injection, edema, low blood sugar levels, visual disturbance, swelling and dryness of mouth.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What should I do if I miss a dose? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for the next scheduled dose then do not take extra medicine.
2. Where should I inject the medication? Insulin Regular can be injected under the skin. However, the medication should not be administered regularly at the same site. Change the site of injection daily.
3. Is it safe to take insulin regular during pregnancy? The effect of insulin regular on the fetus is unknown. So, consult the physician before taking the medication.
4. Can I take any other medications along with insulin regular? You must discuss with the physician before taking any other medications.
5. How should I store insulin regular? Store the medication in a cool place, do not refrigerate.