Hyphoral 200 MG Tablet 10 S
Ketoconazole is used to treat fungal infections. It is used to treat topical infections caused by ring worm, jock itch, and athlete’s foot. It is also used for candida infections of the skin. It is also available in the form of shampoo to treat seborrheic dermatitis or scaling and itching of the scalp.
Mode of drug action :
Ketoconazole inhibits the production of ergosterol which is an active component of fungal cell membranes. Without ergosterol, disruption of cell membrane occurs, causing leakage of cell components leading to fungal cell death.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of ketoconazole are skin rash, itching, irritation, or tingling sensation at the site of application. Changes in hair texture, dry skin, hair discoloration, or hair loss can be seen with the use of shampoo.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Hyphoral drug must be used with caution during pregnancy and breast feeding, therefore talk to the doctor before taking the drug.
• Hyphoral drug must be avoided in case of any past history of allergic reactions to ketoconazole or its ingredients.
• There may be side effects such as hair loss while using Hyphoral.
• Take Hyphoral with food in order to avoid stomach discomfort.
What else should I know?
1. Do I gain weight while using Ketoconazole? No there is no evidence that ketoconazole usage alters the weight of the individuals.
2. Can ketoconazole be used for eczema? Ketoconazole use with other medicines to treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and impetigo is seen when these conditions worsen due to fungal infections.
3. Can ketoconazole be used during pregnancy? No significant scientific data is present to prove the effects of ketoconazole during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using this medication.