Hypnocent 10 Mg Tablet 10
Nitrazepam is used in the short-term treatment of anxiety, insomnia and sleep disturbances caused due to anxiety.
How does the drug work?
Nitrazepam is a hypnotic drug that belongs to a group called benzodiazepines. It acts by enhancing the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA); a signaling chemical in the brain. The increased activity of GABA helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for anxiety.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of nitrazepam include severe drowsiness, unusual changes in mood, hallucinations, confusion, loss of coordination, vision problems, an urge to urinate, change in the appetite, and stomach upset.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is nitrazepam a habit forming drug? Yes. People are known to develop a dependence on nitrazepam and so it should be withdrawn gradually.
2. How should I take nitrazepam medicine? Nitrazepam should be taken at night after which you should have an uninterrupted sleep for about 7-8 hours. This is due to the possibility of forgetfulness for some time with the drug.
3. Can I drive after taking nitrazepam tablets? Do not drive after taking nitrazepam because of the chances of reduced alertness, blurred vision, and dizziness with the drug.
4. What is the dose of nitrazepam drug for a sleeping problem? The usual dose of nitrazepam for treating sleep disorders is around 10-30 mg, to be taken before bedtime.
5. How long is the treatment with nitrazepam? The treatment lasts for about 4 weeks and beyond this period the tablets are not very effective.