Hyrax 10 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Palson Drug
Strength: 10 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Antihistamines
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Anxiety, Allergic symptoms
What is Hyrax 10 mg Tablet?
Hyrax 10 mg Tablet contains Hydroxyzine as an active ingredient which is used to treat anxiety and allergic symptoms.
Hyrax 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of anxiety. It is also used to treat allergic symptoms.
How Does the Drug Work?
Hydroxyzine works by inhibiting the effects of a histamine in the body. It exerts sedative effect and induces sleep.
Common Side Effects of Hyrax 10 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Hyrax 10 mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Slurred speech
- Blurred vision
How to Use Hyrax 10 mg Tablet?
Hyrax 10 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Hyrax 10 mg Tablet
- Do not take Hyrax 10 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Hyrax 10 mg Tablet may cause sleepiness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medication as it may cause CNS depressant effect.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Continues monitoring of blood pressure is advisable during the treatment period.
- Take this medicine at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Contraindications while using Hyrax 10 mg Tablet
- The use of this medicine is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
- Hyrax 10 mg Tablet is contraindicated for use in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Possible drug interactions of Hyrax 10 mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of this medicine is advised against in those who are concurrently using CNS depressants and sedatives as it may cause additive effect.
- Concomitant treatment with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) may increase the antimuscarinic effects.
Warnings while using Hyrax 10 mg Tablet
- This medication should be used with caution in the patients with glaucoma, decreased GI motility or bladder outflow obstruction.
- Hyrax 10 mg Tablet should be used with caution in the patients with myasthenia gravis.
- Special precaution should be taken in the patients with renal or hepatic impairment.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Hyrax 10 mg Tablet is highly unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Hyrax 10 mg Tablet used for?
Hyrax 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of anxiety and allergic symptoms.
- What are the side effects of Hyrax 10 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Hyrax 10 mg Tablet include slurred speech, dry mouth, blurred vision, headache, dizziness and drowsiness.
- Is Hyrax 10 mg Tablet safe for use in the breast feeding women?
Hyrax 10 mg Tablet is highly unsafe for use in the breast-feeding women. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
- How often can I take Hyrax 10 mg Tablet?
Hyrax 10 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.