Ironika Capsule 10
Carbonyl iron is an iron supplement. It is used to prevent low levels of iron in the blood which leads to anemia. Carbonyl iron helps to carry oxygen to tissues and organs by producing red blood cells. Carbonyl iron also treats iron deficiency in the body. Vitamin B12 also known as cyanocobalamin is used to treat vitamin B12deficiency in the people. It is used to treat pernicious anemia. It is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency in the patients with fish tapeworm infestation, malignancy of pancreas or bowel and folic acid deficiency. It is also prescribed to treat vitamin B12and pernicious anemia in the pregnant women, infants and newborn. Vitamin C has multiple uses in the body. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin which helps boost immunity and is necessary for the normal growth and development. It acts as an antioxidant thereby prevents the cell damage and slows down the aging process. It plays a major role in wound healing. It helps the body to absorb iron, which is essential for the production of RBCs. It is used in the treatment of scurvy. It prevents the possibility of cataract and lead toxicity. It is also used to lower blood pressure. Folic acid is prescribed for the treatment of megaloblastic anemia, folic acid deficiency and macrolytic anemia. It is used to treat and prevent folic acid deficiency diseases. It is prescribed during pregnancy to promote the development of fetal brain and spinal cord. It prevents the birth defects such as spina bifida in the fetus. It helps to prevent diseases such as colon cancer, cervical cancer, heart diseases and stoke. It is prescribed to prevent memory loss in the patients with Alzheimer’s disease. It is used to prevent the side effects of medications such as lometrexol and methotrexate. It is use to treat gum infections. Zinc is usually prescribed for the treatment and prevention of zinc deficiency. It is used for the treatment of diarrhea. It reduces the symptoms of Wilson’s disease. It is used for the treatment of acne. Gingivitis, peptic ulcers, and muscle cramps. It is used to treat foot ulcers in the diabetic patient. It enhances wound healing in the patients with burns. It is used to reduce the risk of anemia. It is used to reduce the symptoms of anorexia. Zinc supplements are used for the treatment of common cold, atopic eczema, psoriasis and macular degeneration.
How does the drug work?
Carbonyl iron helps in the synthesis of hemoglobin which is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen from the lungs to the other body parts and to carry carbondioxide from the body parts to the lungs. It is also involved in the synthesis of myoglobin which stores oxygen in the muscles. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the cell growth, cell reproduction, hematopoiesis, and myelin synthesis. Vitamin B12is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract in the presence of intrinsic factor and calcium ions. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the formation of DNA. It works in conjugation with folic acid and enhances the synthesis of DNA. Vitamin B12 plays a role in the formation of myelin sheath (a protective sheet that surrounds the nerves) and maintains the nerves intact. Vitamin B12 maintains the functions of bone marrow and enhances the production of red blood cells. It also plays a role in the metabolism of vitamin A by enhancing the absorption of carotene (a substance which is converted to vitamin A). It also plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrate, fat and protein. Deficiency of vitamin B12 can decrease the metabolism of folic acid and can lead to folic acid deficiency. Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid which is an antioxidant. Antioxidants act by blocking free radicals which can damage the cells. Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen which is an important protein for healthy skin, hair, nails, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. Folic acid is required for the proper development of the body. It plays a major role in the formation of genetic material - DNA. Folic acid present in the dietary substances is in its inactive form. It is converted to tetrahydrofolic acid and methyltetrahydrofolate in the presence of the enzyme dihydrofolate reductase. Folic acid takes part in erythopoiesis and produces red blood cells. It also plays a role in the synthesis of nucleic acids. Folic acid along with vitamin B12 causes remethylation of homocysteine to methonine and helps to maintain the normal levels of homocysteine. Zinc is an essential trace element. It plays a vital role in the protein synthesis and in the cell division. It is essential for the proper growth and functioning of the body. It plays an important role in the immune functioning, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid functioning and, absorption and utilization of vitamin A. Zinc improves the absorption of vitamin A and improves vision.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of iron are constipation, diarrhea, stomach upset or cramps, black stools. The common side effects reported by the patients taking vitamin B12 supplements are abdominal or stomach pain, bleeding from the gums or nose, bluish discoloration of the lips and fingernails, chest pain, cough, decreased urine output, difficulty in breathing, eye pain, fatigue, and increased heartbeat. Vitamin C side effects include nausea and vomiting, headache, flushing, skin redness, back pain, diarrhea, stomach cramp, and stomach upset. The common side effects reported by the individuals taking folic acid are: Fever, reddened skin, shortness of breath, skin rash or itching, tightness in chest, troubled breathing, wheezing, and general weakness or discomfort. The most common side effects reported are: nausea, bad taste, diarrhea, vomiting, mouth irritation, and, rarely, mouth sores.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
FAQs :Carbonyl iron:
1. In which conditions I should avoid carbonyl iron? Patients suffering from iron metabolism disorders, high levels of iron in the blood, and stomach ulcers should avoid taking carbonyl iron.
2. Is carbonyl iron safe for children? No, keep carbonyl iron away from the reach of children, as accidental use of carbonyl iron may be fatal to children.
3. Who should take carbonyl iron? Patients with low iron levels in the blood should take carbonyl iron or its supplements. It is not used by the people who have normal iron balance.
4. Is carbonyl iron safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women? Carbonyl iron may pass into breast milk and may harm the baby. Pregnant women should consult the doctor before using the medication. Vitamin B12:
1. What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking vitamin B12 supplements? You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking vitamin B12 supplements.
2. Is vitamin B12 supplements safe for children? Yes, vitamin B12 supplements are safe for children. They are prescribed for the treatment of pernicious anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency in the infants and children.
3. Can I take vitamin B12 supplements during pregnancy? Yes, you can take vitamin B12 supplements during pregnancy as it promotes the growth of red blood cells in the mother and fetus. It also promotes the development of nerves in the fetus. However, consult your physician before taking the medication.
4. Should I undergo any test while taking vitamin B12 supplements? Vitamin B12 supplements may cause hypokalemia in patients with severe vitamin B12 deficiency. So get your electrolyte levels checked regularly.
5. Can I take any other medications along with vitamin B12 supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications. Vitamin C:
1. Is it safe to take iron tablets along with vitamin C tablets? Yes, vitamin C helps to increase the absorption of iron.
2. I am experiencing cold very often, my doctor prescribed vitamin C, how does this help? Frequent cold attacks may be a result of decreased immunity. Vitamin C helps to boost immunity thereby reducing cold attacks.
3. Can I take vitamin C for acne? Vitamin C helps in growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body, including skin. However, consult your doctor before using vitamin C or any condition.
4. How does vitamin C serum help to improve my skin tone? Vitamin C is a most common ingredient in the skin care products. Because of its anti-oxidant properties, it fights free-radicals and helps to produce collagen naturally thereby improving your skin tone.
5. What is the usual frequency of vitamin C? Vitamin C can be taken at a frequency of once a day to thrice a day safely. However, it depends on the individual’s condition. Consult your doctor about the frequency of the dose. Folic acid:
1. Is it necessary to take folic acid supplements during pregnancy? Yes, folic acid supplements prevent the neural tube defects in the fetus and enhance the development of brain in the fetus. However, consult your physician to know the right dose and for the safe use of the drug.
2. Dose folic acid used for the treatment of anemia? Yes. Folic acid plays a role in the formation of new red blood cells and is used for the treatment folic acid deficiency anemia.
3. Which food substances are the rich sources of folic acid? Spinach, broccoli, pulses and sunflower seeds are the rich sources of folic acid.
4. Can I take any other medications along with folic acid supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications
5. How should I take folic acid supplements? You should take folic acid supplements every day after meals. Follow the instructions given by your physician or the manufacturer for safe use. Zinc:
1. How should I store zinc supplements? Zinc supplements should be stores at room temperature (25?C) away from direct sunlight and moisture.
2. Is zinc safe for pregnant and lactating females? Yes. Zinc is safe for pregnant and lactating females. However, consult your physician before taking the medication.
3. Can I take any other medications along with zinc supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
4. What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking zinc supplements? Zinc does not interact with most of the food substances. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking zinc supplements. Consult your physician for safe use.
5. Is zinc useful for the treatment of anemia? Yes, zinc is prescribed in combination with other medications for the treatment of anemia.