Isac 20 MG Capsule
Manufactured by: Systopic Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
Strength: 20 mg
Pack size: 10 Capsules
Drug type: Acne Treatment Preparations
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Acne
What is Isac 20 mg Capsule?
Isac 20 mg Capsule contains Isotretinoin as an active ingredient which is used to treat acne.
Isac 20 mg Capsule is used in the treatment of acne.
How Does the Drug Work?
Isotretinoin works by decreasing the production of the sebum (skin’s natural oil).
Common Side Effects of Isac 20 mg Capsule:
List of major side effects of Isac 20 mg Capsule
- Dry skin
- Increased thirst
How to Use Isac 20 mg Capsule?
Isac 20 mg Capsule is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Isac 20 mg Capsule
- Do not take Isac 20 mg Capsule if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications and health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Take this medicine at the fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking alcohol during the treatment with this medicine.
Contraindications while using Isac 20 mg Capsule
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with impaired liver functions.
- This medication should not be used in the patients with hypervitaminosis A or hyperlipidaemia.
- Isac 20 mg Capsule is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Possible drug interactions of Isac 20 mg Capsule with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with vit A or its derivatives may cause additive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with tetracycline may cause benign intracranial hypertension.
Warnings while using Isac 20 mg Capsule
- This medicine should be used with caution in the patients with anorexia nervosa.
- This medicine should be used with caution in the patients having the history of psychiatric disorder such as depression.
- Special caution should be taken in the patients having the history of photoallergy.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Isac 20 mg Capsule is highly unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to the doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medicine at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and moisture.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Isac 20 mg Capsule used for?
Isac 20 mg Capsule is used for the treatment of acne.
- How often can I take Isac 20 mg Capsule?
Isac 20 mg Capsule should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take Isac 20 mg Capsule with ibuprofen?
Isac 20 mg Capsule may cause adverse effects if concomitantly used with ibuprofen. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking these drugs in combination.
- Can I take Isac 20 mg Capsule during pregnancy?
Isac 20 mg Capsule is highly unsafe for use during pregnancy. Prior consultation to the doctor is advisable in such condition.