Isonorm 30 MG Tablet SR
Manufactured by: Lupin Ltd.
Composition: Isosorbide mononitrate
Strength: 30 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Anti-anginal drugs
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Chest pain (Angina)
What is Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR?
Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR is an anti-anginal drug which is used to treat chest pain (Angina).
Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR is used in the treatment of chest pain.
How Does the Drug Work?
Isosorbide mononitrate works by stimulating the level of of an enzyme -cyclic-GMP which in turn causes vascular smooth muscles relaxation and relieves chest pain.
Common Side Effects of Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR:
List of major side effects of Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR
- Nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty in breathing
- Hive and redness of skin
- Low blood pressure
- Numbness, burning and tingling in the feet and arms
- Agitation and anxiety
How to Use Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR?
Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR
- Do not take Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Consult to your doctor if you experience nausea and vomiting persistently during the treatment with this medication.
- This medicine may cause sleepiness in some patients. It is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR on doctor’s prescription.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR as it may have additive effects in lowering the blood pressure.
Contraindications while using Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR
- This medication is contraindicated for use in the patients with hypotension or marked anaemia.
- This medicine is not recommend for use in the patients with raised intracranial pressure associated with head trauma and cerebral haemorrhage.
Possible drug interactions of Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR with other drugs
- Concomitant use with PDE5 inhibitors such as sildenafil and tadalafil may cause additive hypotensive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with calcium channel blockers can cause orthostatic hypotension (Low blood pressure).
Store at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Keep away from sunlight, moisture and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as symptomatic and supportive medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Is Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR a diuretic?
Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR is not a diuretic. It belongs to a group of drugs called as anti-anginal drugs which is used to treat chest pain.
- Can I take Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR with paracetamol?
Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR may show adverse effects if concomitantly used with paracetamol. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.
- Does Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR cause fatigue?
Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR may cause fatigue (tiredness) and dizziness as its side effect. Notify to your physician if you have these problems while taking this medication.
- Can I take alcohol while taking Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR?
Alcohol consumption is not recommended if you are on Isonorm 30 mg Tablet SR as it may have additive hypotensive effect. This may make you feel dizzy and you might even faint.