Ivabrad 10 Mg Tablet 10
Ivabradine is used in the treatment of symptomatic stable angina pectoris often known as chest pain and chronic heart failure.
How does the drug work?
Ivabradineacts by reducing the heart rate by a few beats per minute. This thereby lowers the heart's demand for oxygen supply especially in the situations when an angina attack is suspected. Ivabrad helps to control and reduce the number of angina attacks and further helps to improve the heart functioning and vital prognosis in affected patients.
What are the common side effect?
Ivabradine side effects include blurred vision, vision impairment, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, and bradycardia.
Important Info Ivabrad should be taken during meals. Avoid Ivabrad tablets in case of allergy to ivabradine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. Patients who are pregnant or breast feeding must talk to the doctor before taking the ivabradine medicine. Patients with symptoms such as tiredness, dizziness or shortness of breath or atrial fibrillation should consult a doctor before taking Ivabrad tablets. Patients with a recent stroke (cerebral attack) or suffering from uncontrolled blood pressure or with chronic eye retinal disease should consult the doctor before taking Ivabrad. Ivabradine is not intended for use in children and adolescents younger than 18 years. Avoid grapefruit juice during treatment with ivabradine. Ivabradine may cause a temporary brightness in the field of vision. Be careful when driving especially during the night or using machines.
1. What are the dietary precautions to be followed while on Ivabradine medication? Always take the medication along with food and avoid foods made with grape fruit.
2. Is it safe to take Ivabradine during pregnancy? No. Ivabradine is unsafe and may harm the fetus.
3. Does ivabradine lower the blood pressure? Lowering the blood pressure is uncommon with ivabradine. If you notice such symptoms consult your doctor.
4. Is Ivabradine safe? Ivabrad is safe when taken in the doses prescribed by the doctor.
5. Does ivabradine cause visual disturbances? Yes. Ivabradine may cause blurred vision and temporary luminous visual phenomena.