Jardiance 25 Mg Tablet 10
Empagliflozin is used for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It controls the blood sugar levels in adults aged over 18 years or more whose diabetes is not controlled by other anti-diabetic medications.
How does the drug work?
Empagliflozin is a sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor. During filtration of blood in kidneys, filtered glucose is reabsorbed through SGLT
2. Empagliflozin inhibits this SGLT2, thereby facilitating the excretion of glucose through urine, thus reducing blood glucose levels.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of empagliflozin are hypoglycemia, frequent urination, urinary tract infections in women and adults over age 75, yeast infections in women, diabetic ketoacidosis, dehydration, hypotension, increased cholesterol levels, and dizziness.
Important Info Empagliflozin use is not recommended in individuals who are below 18-years and in the patients with type 1 diabetes, severe renal impairment, and diabetic ketoacidosis. Empagliflozin should be used with caution in elderly people and individuals with urinary tract infections. Don’t drive or operate heavy machinery as the medication can cause dizziness.
1. Can I take alcohol while using empagliflozin? Patients with diabetes should take alcohol moderately as alcohol can mask the warning signs of hypoglycemia leading to more adverse effects.
2. I have a history of congestive heart failure, can I use empagliflozin? Yes, but with regular monitoring because empagliflozin can cause symptomatic hypotension. However, discuss with your doctor for the best therapeutic outcomes.
3. How to take empagliflozin? Empagliflozin can be taken with or without food. You can take the medication at any time during the day, but make sure you are taking at the same time every day.
4. Can hypoglycemia occur with empagliflozin? Hypoglycemia is the common side effect of empagliflozin. You may experience sweating, pale skin, weakness, confusion, headache, and palpitations when you have hypoglycemia. You must Consult your doctor immediately for the dose adjustment of empagliflozin.
5. Is empagliflozin used during pregnancy? No significant scientific data is present to evident the safety information about the use of empagliflozin during pregnancy. You should discuss with your doctor for the best treatment options. 6. What is the recommended dose of empagliflozin? The recommended dose of empagliflozin is 10 mg once daily, usually taken in the morning.