Joycom Plus 10 MG Tablet 10
Clonazepam Clonazepam is used to treat epilepsy or seizures, panic disorder, absence infantile spasms and other conditions such as fear of public places (agoraphobia). Escitalopram Escitalopram uses include the treatment of depression and obsessive compulsive disorder. It is the choice of drug to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Mode of drug action :
Clonazepam Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. It acts by enhancing the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA); a signaling chemical in the brain. The increased activity of GABA helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for seizures and panic disorders. Escitalopram Escitalopram is an antidepressant. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Escitalopram medications helps to regulate the levels of serotonin in the brain and regulates the mood. Therefore, it is the commonly prescribed medication for depression and anxiety.
What are the common side effects?
Clonazepam The common side effects of clonazepam include memory loss, blurred vision, altered sexual function, frequent urge to urinate, coordination disorder, dizziness, headache, sedation, increased saliva production, thickening of bronchial secretions, muscle pain, joint pain, and abnormal eye movements. Escitalopram Escitalopram medication side effects include sinusitis, nausea, loss or decreased appetite, drowsiness, diarrhea, increased sweating, constipation, sexual disturbances, heartburn, running nose, fatigue and fever.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Individuals allergic to Joycom Plus should avoid taking the medication.
• Do not drive or handle heavy machinery after taking Joycom Plus medication as it causes dizziness and drowsiness.
• Avoid consumption of alcohol after taking Joycom Plus medication as it increases the drug action in the body.
• Do not discontinue using Joycom Plus medication abruptly. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may produce altered effects of the drug on the brain.
• Take Joycom Plus medication at a fixed time of the day for better drug action.
• Consult the doctor for safe use of Joycom Plus medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
What else should I know?
1. Is clonazepam medication addictive? Prolonged use of clonazepam may develop dependence and addiction.
2. Is it better to take clonazepam with or without food or empty stomach? Clonazepam can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
3. Is clonazepam used to treat insomnia? No. clonazepam is not used for the treatment of insomnia. It is mainly prescribed to treat epilepsy, panic disorders or other conditions associated with fever.
4. I am on clonazepam medication; I was scheduled for a dental surgery, do I need to temporarily stop the medication? No. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor. Inform your dentist about your clonazepam medication, so that they can adjust the dose of anesthesia to avoid the side effects.
5. Is it safe to continue clonazepam medication if am planning to become pregnant? No. Clonazepam is unsafe during pregnancy or planning to become pregnant and even during lactation. Escitalopram
1. Is escitalopram addictive? No. Using escitalopram is not associated with any risk of addiction.
2. What is the maximum escitalopram dosage for anxiety per day? Usually, the maximum dosage of escitalopram per day for the treatment of depression is 20 mg. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. What are the risks associated with the use of drug? The drug may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and disturbances in the behavior.
4. Can I give escitalopram to my child who is 10-year-old? No, medication escitalopram is not approved for the use in children below 12 years of age.
5. Do I lose hair with the use of escitalopram medication? Yes. Hair loss is a rare side effect of escitalopram medication.