K Glim 1 MG Tablet 15
Uses :Glimepiride drug is used to control blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. It is prescribed along with healthy diet and exercises. Controlling high blood sugar levels prevents complications such as kidney diseases, nerve problems, and blindness.
Mode of drug action
Glimepiride increases the insulin secretion from the pancreas, thus, controlling high blood sugar levels.
What are the common side effects?
The commonly reported glimepiride side effects are diarrhea, bleeding, bold in stool, dark colored urine, discoloration of the skin, weakness, stomach pain, sore throat, dizziness, and fever.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Individuals suffering from the diabetic coma, and diabetic ketoacidosis should not take K Glim.
• Patients with severe sunburns, high acid levels should avoid taking K Glim medicine.
• Individuals who have had severe allergic reactions to sulfonamide medicine such as Acetazolamide and Celecoxib may be allergic to K Glim too.
• Patients with type 1 diabetes should not use K Glim drug.
• Avoid taking anticoagulants, beta-blockers, and corticosteroids while on K Glim medication. Concomitant use of these drugs may cause drug-drug interactions.
What else should I know?
1. Can I take bosentan while using glimepiride medicine? No, patients should not take glimepiride with bosentan.
2. I have experienced bruise while taking glimepiride drug. Should I discontinue it? Occurrence of the bruise is a side effect of glimepiride tablet. Consult the doctor if the side effect worsens.
3. I am scheduled for an abdominal surgery. Can I take glimepiride drug? Consult your doctor to know the risks and benefits of the drug.
4. I am on glimepiride. Can I take gemfibrozil? No. Concomitant use of both the drugs may alter the blood sugar levels.
5. How to use glimepiride tablet? Take glimepiride with your first meal at the same time each day.