Kanasta 10 Mg Tablet 10
Ezetimibe is used to treat increased cholesterol levels in the blood (hypercholesterolemia). It is given along with low cholesterol diet and exercises to reduce the cholesterol levels in the body. Atorvastatin is used to reduce high cholesterol levels in the body and to lower stroke and heart attacks. It is also used to treat heart complications in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes. Additionally, atorvastatin is used to lower bad cholesterol in the body.
How does the drug work?
Ezetimibe belongs to the class of lipid-lowering compounds that act on the small intestine. Ezetimibe inhibits the absorption of cholesterol. This, in turn, decreases the delivery of intestinal cholesterol to the liver. Atorvastatin is a HMG-CoA reductase which is responsible for converting this enzyme into mevalonate in the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway. This results in the subsequent decrease of hepatic cholesterol levels and increases hepatic uptake of LDL-C concentrations.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of ezetimibe are neck pain, fatigue, weakness, muscle pain, back pain, a decrease in weight, increased liver enzyme , headache, heartburn, tenderness, itching, dry mouth, abdominal bloating, dizziness, diarrhea, and sleep disorder. The most common side effects of atorvastatin are heartburn, joint pain, confusion, diarrhea, indigestion, confusion, joint pain, fatigue, and weakness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I take ezetimibe with other statin medication? Yes, ezetimibe can be taken along other statin medications.
2. I am on gemfibrozil. Can I take ezetimibe drug? No, concomitant use of gemfibrozil and ezetimibe may cause drug-drug interactions.
3. What precautions do I need to take while taking an ezetimibe drug? You may need to have frequent blood tests done; regular monitoring of the blood cholesterol levels is necessary.
4. What should I avoid while taking ezetimibe tablet? Avoid eating foods that are high in fats and cholesterol.
5. Is ezetimibe safe for children? Consult the doctor for safe use of ezetimibe in children. Atorvastatin
1. Can I use atorvastatin during pregnancy? No, it is unsafe to use atorvastatin during pregnancy. Ask your doctor for the drug appropriate for you.
2. What are the diet instructions I should follow while taking atorvastatin? Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Take fiber rich food.
3. Does atorvastatin cause liver damage? Yes, atorvastatin, when taken with alcohol, may damage the functioning of the liver.
4. Can I give atorvastatin to my 10-year-old child? Atorvastatin is not recommended for the younger children. Consult the doctor before giving the medicine.
5. I am experiencing low blood pressure levels with atorvastatin. Should I stop the medicine? Yes, stop using atorvastatin and report the doctor immediately