Kefex 200 Mg Tablet 10
Cefixime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of ear, nose, throat, sinuses, urinary system, and throat infection.
How does the drug work?
Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis. Cefixime binds to one of the penicillin binding protein and inhibits the formation of the cell wall. The inhibition of the formation of cell wall results in the death of the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of cefixime include hypertensive reactions, headache, itching, vaginal infection, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain indigestion, vomiting and allergic skin rash.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it safe to drive while taking cefixime? Cefixime can cause drowsiness or sedation which is a common side effect. So, it is not advised to take cefixime drug before driving.
2. Is cefixime safe in newborn? No, cefixime should not be used in premature or newborns. Please consult a physician before giving any medication to the newborn.
3. I have glaucoma. Should I avoid taking cefixime? Cefixime may cause eye irritation. Dosage adjustments may be needed. However, take the doctor’s suggestion before using the drug.
4. Can I take cefixime with ibuprofen? Yes. But, consult your doctor before taking a drug.
5. Does cefixime relieve symptoms of skin allergy? Yes. Cefixime is an antihistamine which is used for treating skin allergies.