Kefpime 0.5 Gm Injection 10 Ml
Cefepime is used to treat bacterial infections.
How does the drug work?
Cefepime attacks the synthesis of a cell wall component called peptidoglycan. Thus, the strength of the bacteria is diminished leading to the death of the bacteria.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with cefepime are fever, rash, itching, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and headache.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is cefepime a penicillin drug? No. Cefepime is not a penicillin drug but is a beta-lactam cephalosporin antibiotic.
2. Is cefepime effective against wide range of bacteria? Yes. Cefepime is a broad spectrum antibiotic which effectively kills a wide range of bacteria.
3. Does cefepime act against methicillin-resistant staph aureus? Yes. Cefepime effectively kills the methicillin-resistant staph aureus (MRSA).
4. I am allergic to cefuroxime. Can I take cefepime? Do not take cefepime. Cefepime and cefuroxime belong to the same class of drugs. Therefore, you are very likely to develop an allergic response with cefepime.
5. Can I give cefepime to my child? Consult a doctor before giving the cefepime medicine to your child.