Konaz 200 Mg Tablet 10
Ketoconazole cream is used to treat fungal infections. It is used to treat topical infections caused by ring worm, jock itch, and athlete’s foot. It is also used for candida infections of the skin. It is also available in the form of shampoo to treat seborrheic dermatitis or scaling and itching of the scalp.
How does the drug work?
Ketoconazole inhibits the production of ergosterol which is an active component of fungal cell membranes. Without ergosterol, disruption of cell membrane occurs, causing leakage of cell components leading to fungal cell death.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of ketoconazole are skin rash, itching, irritation, or tingling sensation at the site of application. Changes in hair texture, dry skin, hair discoloration, or hair loss can be seen with the use of shampoo.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How to use ketoconazole cream? Wash the affected site thoroughly and dry it. Apply the cream and gently rub it with the fingers. The frequency of use will depend on the severity of your infection. It is also available in the form of ointment or lotion. Consult the doctor for case-specific recommendations.
2. Can ketoconazole shampoo be used daily? Ketoconazole shampoo can’t be used daily. It is only used to treat seborrheic dermatitis. Use the medication as prescribed by your doctor.
3. Can ketoconazole be used for eczema? Ketoconazole use with other medicines to treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and impetigo is seen when these conditions worsen due to fungal infections.
4. How to use ketoconazole shampoo? Wet the affected area with small amount of water and apply shampoo. Gently rub the shampoo until it forms lather and leave it for 5 to 7 min. Then, wash thoroughly with water.
5. Can ketoconazole be used during pregnancy? No significant scientific data is present to prove the effects of ketoconazole during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using this medication.