L Hist 5 Mg Syrup 30 Ml
Levocetrizine is a H1 receptor blocker which is most commonly used to treat seasonal allergic rhinitis or allergic fever relief. Therefore, levocitirizine is commonly called the allergy medication. Levocitrizine use also includes treatment of chronic idiopathic urticarial and perennial allergic rhinitis in adults and children of 6 years of age and older.
How does the drug work?
Levocetrizine is a H1 receptor blocker which is most commonly used to alleviate symptoms of allergy. H1 receptors are G-protein coupled receptors that are located on the T cells, B- cells, monocytes and lymphocytes. Stimulation of H1 receptors causes inflammatory effects, vasodilation, headache, bronchoconstriction, hypotension and tachycardia. Levocetrizine is an active enantiomer of cetirizine, it blocks the H1 receptors which are commonly activated by histamine- inflammatory mediator and potent vasodilator.
What are the common side effect?
The most commonly reported side effects of levocetrizine are drowsiness, dry mouth, nose or throat irritation, sore throat, tiredness, weakness, fever or cough, swelling in the upper and lower limbs, and nosebleed.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How should I use this medication? Levocetrizine should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water. It is recommended to take the medication in the evening as levocetrizine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. However, consult your physician before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for levocetrizine? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Is levocetirizine a steroid or narcotic? Levocetirizine is an antihistamine medication. It is not a narcotic or steroid.
4. Is levocetirizine used as a decongestant? Yes. Levocetirizine can be used as a decongestant. It evacuates sinuses, clears nasal airways and stuffy nose.
5. Can I take any other medications along with levocetirizine? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.