Labocort 100 Mg Injection 1
Hydrocortisone is a glucocorticoid used for the treatment of inflammation, allergy, collagen diseases, asthma, adrenocortical deficiency, shock, and some neoplastic conditions. It is used to treat dermatomyositis, dermatosis, psoriatic arthritis and many other skin diseases.
How does the drug work?
Hydrocortisone inhibits the synthesis of arachidonic acid and reduces the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, the chemical mediators which causes inflammation. It also suppresses the immune responses by decreasing the function of lymphatic system and reduces the immunoglobulin levels in the body.
What are the common side effect?
The common side-effects of hydrocortisone are skin rash, encrusted and scaly skin, stinging, dryness of skin, fever or chills, itching in the genital or other skin areas, rash, and skin irritation.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does hydrocortisone provides symptomatic relief from psoriasis? Yes, hydrocortisone is an anti-allergic medication. It helps to reduce allergic, skin irritation and itching caused by psoriasis.
2. Is it safe to apply hydrocortisone for sun burns? No. Hydrocortisone can damage the skin and cause irritation if applied on burns and wounds or dry and chapped skin. So consult the physician before using it for sun burns.
3. Is it safe to apply hydrocortisone for vaginal infections? Hydrocortisone may cause irritation if applied on vagina. So consult the physician before using it for vaginal infections.
4. Is it safe to use hydrocortisone during pregnancy and lactation? It is not known whether Hydrocortisone harms the unborn baby and passes into breast milk. So consult the physician before using the medication.
5. What are the storage conditions of hydrocortisone? Hydrocortisone should be store in cool and dry place at room temperature, away from sunlight.