Laclomox 250/250 Mg Capsule 10
Pyrazinamide, the active ingredient of Pyzina is an antibiotic agent which fights against bacteria. It is used in the treatment of tuberculosis in combination with other anti-tuberculosis medicines.
How does the drug work?
The exact mechanism of pyrazinamide is not clear so far. It is believed to act by disrupting the cell membrane of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis, thus, preventing the growth of the bacteria.
What are the common side effect?
The common Pyzina side effects are loss of appetite, joint or muscle pain, nausea, and vomiting.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Should I take the Pyzina tablets on empty stomach? You should take Pyzina tablets with food to help in better absorption of the drug.
2. How long is the treatment of TB? Usually, the treatment for TB lasts for about 6 months or even more.
3. Should I inform about weight gain during pyrazinamide therapy? Yes. You should inform the doctor about any changes in your weight. The doctor will modify the dose of pyrazinamide based on your current weight.
4. Can I use pyrazinamide drug to treat common cold? No. Pyrazinamide does not treat viral infections such as common cold or flu. Talk to a doctor for the right drug for your problem.
5. What should I do in case of overdose with pyrazinamide tablets? Do not delay if you notice the symptoms of overdose with pyrazinamide. Immediately call up for a physician’s help.