Lanoxin Syrup 30 Ml
Lanoxin USES include treating certain heart problems such as ventricular dilatation (enlargement of one or more chambers of the heart) and heart failure. Digoxin drug is used for the treatment of congestive heart failure (CHF) in which the heart fails to pump blood, and it is also used for controlling fast and irregular heartbeats (supraventricular arrhythmias, Cardiac tachyarrhythmia, and fibrillation).
How does the drug work?
Lanoxin drug digoxin is classified under a group of medications known as cardiac glycosides. Digoxin acts by making the heart beat stronger and in a regular rhythm.
What are the common side effect?
Digoxin side effects include blurred vision, irregular heart rate, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, discomfort, rash, and itching.
Important Info Avoid Lanoxin tablets in case of allergy to digoxin and digitoxin. Avoid foods that are high in fiber with Lanoxin tablets. Do not drive a car or operate machinery while on Lanoxin medication. Drink plenty of fluids while taking Digoxin.
1. Is it safe to take digoxin during pregnancy? No. Digoxin is unsafe during pregnancy, which may cause abnormalities in the fetus.
2. Is digoxin similar to digitalis? Yes. Digoxin and digitalis are the same drugs. Consult your doctor regarding the use of the drugs.
3. Is digoxin safe in patients with kidney problems? Yes. Digoxin has no known toxic effects on the kidney.
4. Does digoxin help to excrete potassium in urine? No. One of the side effects of digoxin is decreasing the potassium level, but it does not increase potassium excretion in the urine.
5. How is digoxin removed in case of an overdose? Digoxin can be partially removed by dialysis in case of an overdose.