Lecope 2.5 MG Syrup 30 ML
Manufactured by: Mankind Pharma Ltd.
Strength: 2.5 mg
Pack size: 30 ml
Drug type: Systemic antihistamines
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Allergic symptoms
What is Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup?
Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup contains Levocetirizine as an active ingredient which is used to treat allergic symptoms.
Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup is used in the treatment of allergic symptoms.
How Does the Drug Work?
Levocetirizine is a competitive histamine H1-receptor antagonist which works by inhibiting the effects of a chemical messenger (Histamine) in the body.
Common Side Effects of Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup:
List of major side effects of Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup
- Blurred vision
How to Use Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup?
Before use, read the directions mentioned on the label of Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup. Measure the prescribed amount with the measuring cup and take it by mouth by swallowing it completely. Shake the bottle before use. It may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup
- Do not take Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup if you are allergic to this medication.
- Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup may cause sleepiness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup should be used with caution in patients at risk of convulsions disease and epileptic patients.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup to avoid CNS depressant effects.
Contraindications while using Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup
- The use of Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup is contraindicated in the patients with renal impairment.
- The use of this medicine is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to levocetirizine.
Possible drug interactions of Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup with other drugs
- The use of this medicine is advised against in those who are concurrently using CNS depressants, tranquilizers and sedatives as it may cause additive effect.
- The consumption of high-fat meal along with this medication may reduce the peak plasma concentration.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup may be unsafe to use for pregnant and lactating women. They should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as symptomatic and supportive medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup work?
Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup is a competitive histamine H1-receptor antagonist on effector cells in the blood vessels, GI tract and respiratory tract. It works by inhibiting the effects of a histamine in the body hence used to treat allergy symptoms.
- Is Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup safe for use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup as prescribed by the doctor.
- What are the side effects of Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup?
The common side effects of Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup include diarrhea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, dizziness and difficulty in urination.
- How often can I take Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup?
Lecope 2.5 mg Syrup should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.