Levexx 500 MG Tablet 10
Levetiracetam is used to treat seizures; involuntary muscle jerk in people with epilepsy. Tab Levera is effective for certain types of seizures like tonic-clonic or myoclonic seizures, partial onset seizures, and seizure that affects the entire brain and other conditions.
Mode of drug action :
Levetiracetam, acts by decreasing abnormal excitation of the brain. Thus, it helps to treat epilepsy.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects include psychosis, anxiety, behavioral changes, lack of interest, depression, constipation, hair loss, headache, cough, drowsiness, nausea, weakness, and vertigo.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, or respiratory infections are common while taking Levexx drug. So, avoid activities which may impair thinking and attention.
• Consult the doctor immediately if skin rashes or mood swings are noticed.
• Avoid Levexx drug in case of allergy to the drug or any of the other ingredients present in it.
• Do not stop taking Levexx abruptly without consulting the doctor. There is a chance of worsening of seizures if the drug is stopped suddenly.
• In case of pregnancy, or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding; consult the doctor before taking Levexx.
• Levexx medicine should not be given to infants less than 1-month-old.
What else should I know?
1. Should I consume levetiracetam empty stomach, before food or after food? It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
2. Is levetiracetam addictive or habit forming? Levetiracetam does not have the potential for addiction or abuse. However, do not increase your body's dependence to medicines by self-medicating. Take the advice of your doctor before taking this medicine.
3. Is levetiracetam similar to piracetam in action? No. Both the drugs are structurally similar but levetiracetam is an anticonvulsant whereas piracetam is a nootropic drug used to enhance memory or other cognitive functions.
4. Is levetiracetam safe with alcohol? No. It is unsafe to take alcohol when you are on levetiracetam medication as it may worsen the side effects such as drowsiness and calmness.
5. What precautions should I take while on levetiracetam medication? Do not perform activities which require alertness such as driving operating heavy machinery. Avoid alcohol and do not plan to become pregnant while taking this medication.