Levobact 750 MG Tablet 10
Levofloxacin is a quinolone antibiotic. It is used mainly for prevention and treatment of anthrax or plague. It is used to treat infection caused by Corynebacterium species, Staphylococcus species, Streptococcus, Acinetobacterlwoffii, Haemophilusinfluenzae, and Serratiamarcescens. It is used for treating skin infections, impetigo, urethritis, chlamydia, bacterial sinusitis, conjunctivitis, and tuberculosis.
Mode of drug action :
Levofloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of levofloxacin are indigestion, fungal infection, breathlessness, taste disturbance, dizziness, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, and insomnia.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid Levobact if allergic to any of the ingredients present in the drug.
• Consult the physician before taking Levobact for skin or bacterial infections.
• Pregnant and lactating females should consult the physician before taking Levobact medicine as Levobact is found in the breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking med Levobact.
• Keep Levobact medication out of the reach of children.
• Consult the physician immediately if any side effects of Levobact such as stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea and bloody stools are experienced.
• Consult the physician before taking any other medications or vaccines.
• Undergo liver and kidney functioning test while taking Levobact drug.
• Levobact is prescribed with caution in the elderly and it causes irregular heartbeat, liver dysfunction and tendon problems.
• The use of Levobact affects the blood glucose levels. Therefore, diabetic patients should undergo blood glucose check-up regularly.
What else should I know?
1. What should I do if I miss a dose? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for the next scheduled dose then do not take extra medicine.
2. Is it safe to take levofloxacin during breast feeding? Levofloxacin reaches the breast milk. It may affect the growth of the baby. Consult the physician before taking the medication.
3. Can I take levofloxacin for common cold? Levofloxacin is an antibiotic. It is not affective against vital infections such as common cold.
4. Is there any special dietary recommendation that I need to follow while taking levofloxacin. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Drink extra fluids. Consult the physician to know more.
5. How should I take the medication? Take the medication at same time each day. Follow the instructions of the physician for safe use.