2.5/5 Mg Tablet 15
Chlordiazepoxide is used to relieve alcohol withdrawal symptoms and is a treatment for sleeping problems. It helps in the short-term relief of severe anxiety.
How does the drug work?
Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine drug which has a calming effect. It stops the EEG activity in the brain and caUSES sedation, improves appetite, and also reduces the pain stimulus.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of drowsiness, sleepiness, light-headedness, dizziness, unsteadiness, loss of balance and walking difficulties, poor muscle co-ordination, speech disorder and confusional states.
• Take the Libotryp tablet as per the instructions given by the doctor.
• Do not discontinue the tablet Libotryp without consulting the doctor.
• Patients who are allergic to the active ingredients should not take this medication.
• Patients with conditions such as myasthenia gravis, severe liver or lung disease, sleep disorders, obsessive behavior, personality disorders should use Libotryp with caution.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take Libotryp.
• If any drugs are in use, or need to be taken, inform the doctor who will check for the safe use of the drugs together.
• Alcohol increases the side effects of Libotryp medicine and should be avoided during its use.
• In case of mild to moderate kidney or liver problems, depression, and certain mental illnesses, cautious use of the medicine is required.
• Libotryp medicine used for children and adolescents aged below 18 years can increase the risk of side effects and should be avoided.
• Elderly patients are at an increased risk of falls and injuries and need extra care with this medication.
• Go through the label for further information on Libotryp tablet USES and side effects.
1. Is chlordiazepoxide a habit forming drug? Yes. People are known to develop dependence on chlordiazepoxide and so it should be withdrawn gradually.
2. How should I take chlordiazepoxide medicine? As chlordiazepoxide should be taken at night after which you should have an uninterrupted sleep for about 7-8 hours. This is due to the possibility of forgetfulness for some time with the drug.
3. Can I drive after taking chlordiazepoxide tablets? Do not drive after taking chlordiazepoxide because of the chances of reduced alertness, blurred vision, and dizziness with the drug.
4. What is the dose of chlordiazepoxide drug for sleeping problem? The usual dose of chlordiazepoxide for treating sleep disorders is around 10-30 mg, to be taken before bedtime.
5. How long is the treatment with chlordiazepoxide? Usually, the treatment lasts for about 4 weeks and beyond this period the tablets are not very effective.