Libotryp Xl 25 MG Tablet 10
Chlordiazepoxide Chlordiazepoxide is used to relieve alcohol withdrawal symptoms and is a treatment for sleeping problems. It helps in the short-term relief of severe anxiety. Amitriptyline Amitriptyline is a commonly prescribed drug to treat depression and night time bedwetting in the children aged six years and above.
Mode of drug action :
Chlordiazepoxide Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine drug which has a calming effect. It stops the EEG activity in the brain and causes sedation, improves appetite, and also reduces the pain stimulus. Amitriptyline Amitriptyline belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressants. It acts by altering the levels of certain chemicals (norepinephrine, serotonin) in the brain. Thus, it improves the mood and mental balance of the person.
What are the common side effects?
Chlordiazepoxide The common side effects are drowsiness, sleepiness, light-headedness, dizziness, unsteadiness, loss of balance and walking difficulties, poor muscle co-ordination, speech disorder and confusional states. Amitriptyline The common side effects of amitriptyline include rash, itchy skin, sensitivity to sunrays, puffy, swollen face or tongue, shortness of breath, stroke, hepatitis, sore throat, mouth ulcers, tiredness or weakness, suicidal thoughts, fever, constipation, blurred or double vision etc.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Take Libotryp XL tablet as per the instructions given by the doctor.
• Do not discontinue the tablet Libotryp XL without consulting the doctor.
• Patients who are allergic to the active ingredients should not take this medication.
• Patients with conditions such as myasthenia gravis, severe liver or lung disease, sleep disorders, obsessive behavior, personality disorders should use Libotryp with caution.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take Libotryp XL.
• If any drugs are in use, or need to be taken, inform the doctor who will check for the safe use of the drugs together.
• Alcohol increases the side effects of Libotryp XL medicine and should be avoided during its use.
• In case of mild to moderate kidney or liver problems, depression, and certain mental illnesses, cautious use of the medicine is required.
• Libotryp XL medicine used for children and adolescents aged below 18 years can increase the risk of side effects and should be avoided.
• Elderly patients are at an increased risk of falls and injuries and need extra care with this medication.
• Go through the label for further information on Libotryp XL tablet uses and side effects.
What else should I know?
1. Is chlordiazepoxide a habit forming drug? Yes. People are known to develop dependence on chlordiazepoxide and so it should be withdrawn gradually.
2. How should I take chlordiazepoxide medicine? As chlordiazepoxide should be taken at night after which you should have an uninterrupted sleep for about 7-8 hours. This is due to the possibility of forgetfulness for some time with the drug.
3. Can I drive after taking chlordiazepoxide tablets? Do not drive after taking chlordiazepoxide because of the chances of reduced alertness, blurred vision, and dizziness with the drug.
4. What is the dose of chlordiazepoxide drug for sleeping problem? The usual dose of chlordiazepoxide for treating sleep disorders is around 10-30 mg, to be taken before bedtime.
5. How long is the treatment with chlordiazepoxide? Usually, the treatment lasts for about 4 weeks and beyond this period the tablets are not very effective. Amitriptyline
1. Can I take amitriptyline hydrochloride drug for anxiety and tension relief? Yes, amitriptyline hydrochloride can relieve anxiety and tension.
2. What are the less common side effects with amitriptyline hydrochloride? The less common side effects with amitriptyline hydrochloride are drowsiness, confusion, weight loss, profuse sweating, nightmare etc.
3. Can amitriptyline hydrochloride be a solution for child bed wetting? Yes, amitriptyline hydrochloride can be taken to prevent bed wetting. However, consult your doctor before taking the drug.
4. What are the other amitriptyline hydrochloride uses? The other uses of amitriptyline hydrochloride tablets are treatment for peripheral neuropathy and prevention of migraine headache.
5. Can I take amitriptyline drug to prevent migraine? Yes, amitriptyline can be taken to prevent migraine.