Liofen 25 MG Tablet 10
Baclofen is used to treat muscle spasms, and cramps caused by multiple sclerosis and Huntington's diseases. It is also used to treat symptoms of spinal cord injuries, meningitis, cerebrovascular diseases and diseases which affect the brain and nervous system.
Mode of drug action :
Baclofen is a muscle relaxant and an antispastic agent. Baclofen inhibits monosynaptic and polysynaptic reflexes by hyperpolarization.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of baclofen are hallucinations, confusion, dizziness, drowsiness, stomach upset, weakness, trouble in breathing, dark urine, chest pain, and fainting.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not stop the Liofen drug abruptly. A gradual decrease in Liofen dose is needed to avoid complications.
• Individuals may experience withdrawal symptoms such as seizures and hallucinations after the use of Liofen tablet.
• Do not use Liofen drug if the individuals have had a history of strokes, heart attacks, or kidney problems.
• Liofen impairs thinking and may increase the risk of developing seizures. Do not drive or do heavy tasks that require alertness while on Liofen.
• Liofen is used with high caution in elderly patients, as they are more sensitive to the Liofen side effects such as mood changes or confusion.
• Do not use antihistamines, sedatives, narcotic pain relievers or other muscle relaxants while taking Liofen medicine.
What else should I know?
1. Does baclofen use result in development of ovarian cysts? Yes, use of baclofen tablet may increase the risk of developing ovarian cysts.
2. Is Liofen drug usage safe during pregnancy? No, Liofen is unsafe during pregnancy.
3. Can I consume alcohol while on Liofen? No, Liofen may increase drowsiness if used with alcohol.
4. Is baclofen addictive? No, baclofen does not cause addiction.
5. Can I take baclofen to treat a backache? Yes, baclofen can help reduce a backache.