Lipistat 10 Mg Tablet 10
Lovastatin is used in the treatment of high cholesterol and triglycerides levels in the blood. It is also used to decrease risk of heart attack and chest pain.
How does the drug work?
Lovastatin is a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, which acts by decreasing certain amount of fatty substances and cholesterol in the body.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with Lovastatin are muscle pain, weakness, fever, confusion, rash, itching, hives, constipation and loss of appetite.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it safe to use Lovastatin in obese patients without consulting a doctor? Do not use Lovastatin in obese patient without consulting a doctor.
2. Can I take Lovastatin with another dyslipidemic drugs? No. Do not take any dyslipidemic drug while using Lovastatin.
3. Can I take Lovastatin in case of diabetes? Consult a doctor before using Lovastatin in case of diabetes.
4. I am pregnant. Can I take Lovastatin to reduce my bad cholesterol levels? No. Lovastatin is not safe for pregnant women, consult the doctor before taking the drug.
5. Is simvastatin and Lovastatin both same? Simvastatin and Lovastatin both belobs to same group of drugs. Drugs wills be prescribed by the doctor depending upon the patient’s condition.