Lopez 2 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Lopez tablet consists of drug lorazepam. Lorazepam USES include short-term treatment of anxiety, insomnia and sleep disturbances due to anxiety. Drug lorazepam is also used to relax the patients before undergoing surgery, including dental surgery.
How does the drug work?
Drug lorazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. It acts by enhancing the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA); a signaling chemical in the brain. The increased activity of GABA helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for anxiety.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of lorazepam include severe drowsiness, unusual changes in mood, hallucinations, confusion, loss of coordination, vision problems, an urge to urinate, change in the appetite, and stomach upset.
• Avoid Lopez if pregnant, as it may cause congenital abnormalities.
• Do not use Lopez if suffering from myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disorder) or glaucoma.
• Do not share medication Lopez with anyone especially with the persons who have a history of drug addiction or drug abuse.
• Alcohol may potentiate Lopez side effects. Therefore, avoid alcohol while taking Lopez.
• Patients with a history of epilepsy should use drug Lopez with caution, as it may cause severe convulsions. However, discuss with the doctor before taking the medicine.
• Do not discontinue the Lopez drug abruptly as it may cause unpleasant symptoms such as convulsions. Ask the doctor how to safely withdraw the medication.
1. I am allergic to valium (allergic medicine), is Lorazepam safe for me? No, you should not use Lorazepam if you are allergic to valium and other similar medications.
2. What is the safe dose of medication lorazepam? Commonly recommended dosage is 2 – 4mg. But the dose may also depend on your condition. Overdose may lead to coma. Prolonged use may also cause addiction to the drug.
3. I am 15 years old. Can I use drug lorazepam for sleeplessness? No, lorazepam is not recommended for anyone younger than 18 years.
4. What are the other forms of drug lorazepam? Medication lorazepam is available as oral solutions, injectables apart from tablet form.
5. For how long can I use Lorazepam? The patient should not use the drug for more than four weeks; as it may cause addiction. However, consult your doctor before withdrawing the therapy.