Lorlip Ls 10/80 Mg Tablet 10
Fenofibrate helps to reduce triglycerides and cholesterol levels in the blood. It also reduces the risk of atherosclerosis (clogged arteries) Atorvastatin is used to reduce high cholesterol levels in the body and to lower stroke and heart attacks. It is also used to treat heart complications in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes. Additionally, atorvastatin is used to lower bad cholesterol in the body.
How does the drug work?
Fenofibrate is a lipid regulating agent. It increases the lipolysis and elimination of triglycerides by activating lipoprotein lipase. The lipoprotein reduces the production of apoprotein C-III. This results in the fall of triglycerides and LDL. Atorvastatin is an HMG-CoA reductase which is responsible for converting this enzyme into mevalonate in the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway. This results in the subsequent decrease of hepatic cholesterol levels and increases hepatic uptake of LDL-C concentrations.
What are the common side effect?
Fenofibrate side effects include back pain, fever, headache, abdominal discomfort, blisters on skin, rashes, chills, fever, muscle pain and aches. The most common side effects of atorvastatin are heartburn, joint pain, confusion, diarrhea, indigestion, confusion, joint pain, fatigue, and weakness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is fenofibrate safe during lactation? No, do not use fenofibrate while breast-feeding a baby.
2. I am on dialysis. Can I take fenofibrate? No, do not take fenofibrate while on dialysis.
3. What instructions do I need to follow while using fenofibrate? Follow the workouts and diet without fail. Have regular blood tests. Talk with your doctor before taking the medicine.
4. What should I avoid while using fenofibrate? Avoid taking medications such as blood thinners; colchicines, and other cholesterol-lowering medicines, as they may have interactions with fenofibrate. Avoid drinking alcohol.
5. When can I stop taking fenofibrate? Do not stop taking the medication without proper medical advice. Atorvastatin
1. Can I use atorvastatin during pregnancy? No, it is unsafe to use atorvastatin during pregnancy. Ask your doctor for the drug appropriate for you.
2. What are the diet instructions I should follow while taking atorvastatin? Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Take fiber rich food.
3. Does atorvastatin cause liver damage? Yes, atorvastatin, when taken with alcohol, may damage the functioning of the liver.
4. Can I give atorvastatin to my 10-year-old child? Atorvastatin is not recommended for the younger children. Consult the doctor before giving the medicine.
5. I am experiencing low blood pressure levels with atorvastatin. Should I stop the medicine? Yes, stop using atorvastatin and report the doctor immediately