Lormeg 10 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Strength: 10 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Antihistamines & Antiallergics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Allergy symptoms
What is Lormeg 10 mg Tablet?
Lormeg 10 mg Tablet contains Loratadine as an active ingredient which is used to treat allergy symptoms.
Lormeg 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms.
How Does the Drug Work?
Loratadine binds to the peripheral histamine H1-receptors and inhibits the effect of histamine.
Common Side Effects of Lormeg 10 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Lormeg 10 mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
How to Use Lormeg 10 mg Tablet?
Lormeg 10 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Lormeg 10 mg Tablet
- Do not take Lormeg 10 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Lormeg 10 mg Tablet may cause sleepiness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with Lormeg 10 mg Tablet.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Take this medicine at the fixed dose and duration as advised by your physician.
Contraindications while using Lormeg 10 mg Tablet
- The use of Lormeg 10 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Possible drug interactions of Lormeg 10 mg Tablet with other compounds
- Concomitant treatment with CYP3A4 inhibitors such as cimetidine may increase the plasma concentration of Loratadine.
Warnings while using Lormeg 10 mg Tablet
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with renal or liver disease.
- Lormeg 10 mg Tablet should be used with extreme caution in the elderly patients.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Lormeg 10 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Lormeg 10 mg Tablet used for?
Lormeg 10 mg Tablet is used to treat allergy symptoms.
- Is Lormeg 10 mg Tablet safe for use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use Lormeg 10 mg Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- What are the side effects of Lormeg 10 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Lormeg 10 mg Tablet may include diarrhea, drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, dry mouth and abdominal pain.
- How often can I take Lormeg 10 mg Tablet?
Lormeg 10 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.