Lormeg 5 Mg Syrup 30 Ml
Loratadine is used to relieve symptoms of allergies such as rhinitis, sore throat, stuffy nose, runny nose, itchy eyes, cough, and hay fever.
How does the drug work?
Loratadine is an antihistamine. Histamine is an inflammatory mediator that is released from mast cells in response to allergic reactions. The release of histamines results in allergic symptoms. Loratadine blocks the release of histamines, thus causing reduction of the allergy symptoms.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of loratadine are a headache, dry mouth, weakness, drowsiness, palpitations, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and nausea.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How long will it take to improve my symptoms by the use of loratadine? You may observe the symptomatic improvement on the same day or within two weeks of the use of loratadine depending on your condition.
2. Can I stop using loratadine when the symptoms subside? You should not stop taking loratadine tablets abruptly without the doctor’s advice.
3. Is loratadine same as loratadine? Loratadine and loratadine belong to the class of antihistamines. Loratadine is the most active form of loratadine. It is long acting and more effective than loratadine.
4. Can I take Benadryl with loratadine? No significant drug interaction between Benadryl and loratadine. However, consult your doctor before using any medication with loratadine.
5. Is loratadine an over the counter drug? No. Loratadine is available with the doctor’s prescription.