Lorpik 1 Mg Tablet 10
Lorazepam belongs to the class benzodiazepines. Lorazepam uses include insomnia, sleep disturbances, and anxiety. Drug lorazepam is used to calm down the patients before surgery.
How does the drug work?
Lorazepam binds to the allosteric site of GABA-A receptors, which are pentameric ionotropic receptors in central nervous system. The binding to GABA receptors opens the chloride channel and allows influx of chloride in the neurons, causing the calming effect.
What are the common side effect?
Lorazepam side effects include severe drowsiness, unusual changes in mood, hallucinations, confusion, loss of coordination, vision problems, an urge to urinate, change in the appetite, and stomach upset.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am allergic to valium is drug lorazepam safe for me? No, you should not use drug lorazepam if you are allergic to valium and other similar medications.
2. What is the safe dose of medication lorazepam? The commonly recommended dosage is 2 – 4mg or as prescribed. Overdose may lead to coma. Prolonged use may also cause addiction to the drug.
3. I am 15 years old. Can I use drug lorazepam for sleeplessness? No, lorazepam is not recommended for anyone who is younger than 18 years.
4. What are the other forms of drug lorazepam? Medication lorazepam is available as oral solutions, injectables apart from tablet form.
5. For how long can I use the drug lorazepam? The patient should not use the drug for more than four weeks; as it may cause drug addiction.