Lovax 600 MG Tablet 10
Oxcarbazepine is used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Mode of drug action :
Oxcarbazepine is an anticonvulsant. It works to control the epileptic attack. Oxcarbazepine suppresses the hyperactivity of the neurons in the brain.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of Oxcarbazepine include tremors, blurred vision, impaired coordination, heartburn, dry mouth, slurred speech, weight gain, and abnormal eye movements.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not use Lovax drug if the patient is allergic to oxcarbamazepine or other ingredients of the drug..
• Report to the doctor if there are any signs of side effects such as yellowing of the white part of the eyes, tachycardia.
• Immediate medical attention is required if there are any symptoms such as breathlessness, paleness, or dizziness.
• Before using Lovax, consult the doctor if any birth control pills are being used because oxcarbamazepine present in Lovax may reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills.
• After taking Lovax, do not perform any activities which require mental alertness.
What else should I know?
1. Which laboratory tests should I perform while using oxcarbazepine medicine? Perform regular monitoring of electrolytes, there may be an increase of sodium levels in the blood.
2. Can I drive after taking oxcarbazepine tablet? Oxcarbazepine may cause dizziness so avoid the activities that need mental alertness.
3. Can I take amitriptyline while using oxcarbazepine? Concomitant use of amitriptyline with oxcarbazepine can increase the risk of oxcarbazepine side effects.
4. Does oxcarbazepine cause any changes in the skin? Yes. oxcarbazepine may cause acne as a side effect.
5. Can I take oxcarbazepine with food? Yes, oxcarbazepine can be taken with or without food, but maintain the regular dosing schedules.