Loxep 10 Mg Tablet 10
Loxapine is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, Parkinson’s disease, and to treat side effects of psychotic medications.
How does the drug work?
The antipsychotic action of Loxapine occurs by the antagonist effects of D2 receptors in the mesolimbic pathway and 5-HT2A receptors in the frontal cortex. Loxapine decreases the excess levels of dopamine and serotonin in the CNS which are responsible for the psychiatric manifestations.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Loxapine are dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache, constipation, blurred vision, confusion, irregular heartbeat, shaking of legs and arms, unusual tiredness or weakness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am suffering from dementia. Can I use the loxapine drug? No, do not use loxapine drug for dementia.
2. What is the effect of loxapine during pregnancy? Pregnant women should avoid loxapine drug especially during the last trimester of pregnancy, as the drug may cause congenital abnormalities.
3. When can I stop taking the loxapine drug? Do not stop taking loxapine drug without proper medical advice, as it may cause withdrawal effects.
4. Can I use loxapine during breastfeeding? No, loxapine drug may enter into the breast milk and harm the newborn.
5. Can I take sedatives while on loxapine medicine? No, concomitant use of sedatives with loxapine may cause life-threatening side effects.