Lumart 80/480 Mg Tablet 6
Artemether is used to treat symptoms of malaria caused by the parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Lumefantrine is used to treat symptoms of malaria infection.
How does the drug work?
It improves the patient’s condition by rapidly attacking the malaria parasite. Artemether inhibits the erythrocytic stage of the malarial parasite, and thus causes cell lysis. Lumefantrine is an anti-malarial drug. Malaria parasite enters the body and lives in red blood cells. Lumefantrine kills the parasite that resides in RBC by accumulating within the parasite. It inhibits the breakdown of hemoglobin and damages the parasite cell.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of artemether are cough, dizziness, ECG changes, fever, headache, injection site pain, itching, and upper respiratory tract infection, loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, and diarrhea. The commonly reported side effects of lumefantrine are nausea, skin rash, altered heart rate, chills, dizziness, facial swelling, fainting, fever, headache, insomnia, loss of appetite, muscle pain, joint pain, sore tongue, and weakness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am suffering from pneumonia. Can I take artemether for malaria fever? No, do not take the drug in such conditions as it may make you more susceptible to the side effects of artemether.
2. What is the dosage for artemether drug? The artemether dosage for adults is 150mg one time a day daily for three consecutive days.
3. I am 65-year-old. What care I should take while taking the drug? Elderly patients should take the drug with caution, as artemether may cause dizziness and fainting.
4. What to do if children feel difficult to swallow the drug? If children feel difficult to swallow the drug you can crush and mix it with water only before giving it to the children. If vomiting occurs within 2hours repeat the dose.
5. Is the dosage same for children and elderly? No, the dosage depends on the severity of infection, weight, and response to the drug. Lumefantrine
1. How often should I take Lumefantrine? Take lumefantrine exactly as prescribed by the doctor. The drug works best if the levels are maintained constantly in the body.
2. Are there any food restrictions while taking this drug? Patients taking lumefantrine should not take grapefruit or grapefruit juice.
3. Can I do vigorous exercise while using this medication? Patients using this medication may feel dizzy or faint. Do not do heavy exercises.
4. Is it safe for children? Lumefantrine is safe for children, but it is used with caution in the children who weigh less than 5kg.
5. What if I overdose? An overdose of lumefantrine may cause severe chills and fever. Seek medical attention immediately.