M Cid Nt 100/100 Mg Syrup 30 Ml
Norfloxacin is a quinolone group of antibiotic used for the treatment of urinary tract infections. It also treats the infections caused by sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea. It is also recommended to treat infections of prostate, stomach, intestine, and genital tract. Metronidazole is used to treat bacterial and parasitic infections of the vagina, respiratory tract, joints, stomach, and skin. It is also used to treat symptoms of rosacea such as enlarged facial blood vessels, papules, pustules, and swelling.
How does the drug work?
Norfloxacin acts by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for DNA replication, repair, and recombination, which stops the reproduction of the bacterial cell and reduces the infection. Metronidazole belongs to the class nitroimidazole. Metronidazole is a prodrug which reduces from its unionized form to the ionized active form. This reduced metronidazole covalently binds to the DNA of the bacterial cells and disrupts its helical structure, which in turn inhibits bacterial nucleic acid synthesis and kills the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of norfloxacin are mild diarrhea, loss of consciousness, loss of appetite, dizziness, skin rashes, fever, feeling sad or empty. The common side effects of metronidazole are agitation, back pain, blindness, blurred vision, confusion, convulsions, depression, skin redness, skin irritation, hives, and itching.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is norfloxacin safe during pregnancy? It is unsafe during pregnancy, as it may harm the fetus.
2. I am on NSAID. Can I take norfloxacin medication? Taking norfloxacin while you are on NSAID may increase the risk of seizures affecting the CNS.
3. Does norfloxacin and ciprofloxacin show same effects in treating UTI? They both belong to same class of quinolones, but norfloxacin acts better for treating UTI.
4. Can I use norfloxacin along with multivitamins? No, use of multivitamin tablet along with norfloxacin reduces the activity of norfloxacin.
5. What are the storage conditions of norfloxacin? Norfloxacin is stored below 15-300c. Do not refrigerate. Metronidazole
1. Is metronidazole effective for yeast infections? No, metronidazole treats only bacterial and parasitic infections.
2. Does metronidazole treat common cold and flu? No, metronidazole does not treat cold and flu.
3. Can I consume alcohol while on metronidazole? No, avoid consuming alcohol at least up to 3 days after taking metronidazole.
4. I am experiencing fast heartbeats while taking metronidazole. Can I stop using it? Fast and irregular heartbeats are common side effects of metronidazole. Report to the doctor if the side effects worsen.
5. I have a history of epilepsy. Can I take metronidazole? Consult your doctor before taking the drug.