Malicure 150 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Arteether is used to treat symptoms of falciparum malaria caused by the Plasmodium falciparum parasite.
How does the drug work?
Arteether is a semi-synthetic derivative and belongs to the class sesquiterpene lactones. It improves the patient’s condition by rapidly attacking the malarial parasite. Arteether inhibits the erythrocytic stage of the malaria parasite and thus, causes cell lysis.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of arteether are cough, dizziness, ECG changes, fever, headache, injection site pain, itching, and upper respiratory tract infection, loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, and diarrhea.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am suffering from pneumonia and malaria. Can I take arteether for malaria fever? No, do not take the drug for pneumonia as it may increase the side effects of arteether.
2. What is the recommended dose for arteether drug? The arteether dose for adults is 150mg once a day for three consecutive days.
3. Can quinine and arteether be used together to treat malaria? Yes, generally arteether is given along with quinine drugs to treat malaria and other kinds of fever.
4. How often should I have blood tests done while using arteether drug? Patients should have a blood test done once a week for a month for the presence of malaria parasites.
5. I have ECG abnormalities. Is arteether drug safe for me? No, patients with ECG abnormalities should not take arteether for malaria.