Matilda 500 Mcg Tablet 10
Pyridoxine is used for the prevention and treatment of vitamin B6 deficiency disorders. It is used to treat sideroblastic anemia. It is used to reduce homocysteine levels in the body and reduces the risk of heart diseases. It is used to treat premenstrual syndrome and morning sickness in women. It also used to prevent seizures, convulsions in the epileptic patients. Vitamin B12 also known as cyanocobalamin is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency in the people. It is used to treat pernicious anemia. It is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency in the patients with fish tapeworm infestation, malignancy of pancreas or bowel and folic acid deficiency. It is also prescribed to treat vitamin B12and pernicious anemia in the pregnant women, infants and newborn. Folic acid is required for the proper development of the body. It plays a major role in the formation of genetic material - DNA. Folic acid present in the dietary substances is in its inactive form. It is converted to tetrahydrofolic acid and methyl-tetrahydrofolate in the presence of the enzyme dihydrofolate reductase. Folic acid takes part in erythopoiesis and produces red blood cells. It also plays a role in the synthesis of nucleic acids. Folic acid along with vitamin B12 causes remethylation of homocysteine to methonine and helps to maintain the normal levels of homocysteine.
How does the drug work?
Pyridoxine is also known as vitamin B6. It consists of pyridoxine, pyridoxal, pyridoxamine, and their phosphorylated derivatives. These compounds are closely related and are collectively called as vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 acts as a coenzyme in various biochemical reactions such as metabolism of amino acids, glycogen, and synthesis of nucleic acids, hemoglobin, sphingomyelin and sphingolipids. It also takes part in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine and gamma-aminobutryic acid. Pyridoxine does not cause harm to the unborn baby so it is safe to take pyridoxine during pregnancy. However, consult your physician before taking the medication. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the cell growth, cell reproduction, hematopoiesis, and myelin synthesis. Vitamin B12is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract in the presence of intrinsic factor and calcium ions. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the formation of DNA. It works in conjugation with folic acid and enhances the synthesis of DNA. Vitamin B12 plays a role in the formation of myelin sheath (a protective sheet that surrounds the nerves) and maintains the nerves intact. Vitamin B12 maintains the functions of bone marrow and enhances the production of red blood cells. It also plays a role in the metabolism of vitamin A by enhancing the absorption of carotene (a substance which is converted to vitamin A). It also plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrate, fat and protein. Deficiency of vitamin B12 can decrease the metabolism of folic acid and can lead to folic acid deficiency. Folic acid is prescribed for the treatment of megaloblastic anemia, folic acid deficiency and macrocytic anemia. It is used to treat and prevent folic acid deficiency diseases. It is prescribed during pregnancy to promote the development of fetal brain and spinal cord. It prevents the birth defects such as spina bifida in the fetus. It helps to prevent diseases such as colon cancer, cervical cancer, heart diseases and stoke. It is prescribed to prevent memory loss in the patients with Alzheimer’s disease. It is used to prevent the side effects of medications such as lometrexol and methotrexate. It is use to treat gum infections.
What are the common side effect?
Pyridoxine is non toxic and does not cause serious side effects. Some common side effects reported by the users are nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, headache, drowsiness, numbness and tingling sensation in the limbs, numbness around the mouth, lethargy, tiredness, impaired balance, loss or reduces sensation to touch , temperature and vision. The common side effects reported by the patients taking vitamin B12 supplements are abdominal or stomach pain, bleeding from the gums or nose, bluish discoloration of the lips and fingernails, chest pain, cough, decreased urine output, difficulty in breathing, eye pain, fatigue, and increased heartbeat. The common side effects reported by the individuals taking folic acid are Fever, reddened skin, shortness of breath, skin rash or itching, tightness in chest, troubled breathing, wheezing, and general weakness or discomfort.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does pyridoxine helps to treat carpal tunnel syndrome? Yes, pyridoxine helps to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. Consult your physician for safe use.
2. What is the daily requirement of pyridoxine to prevent deficiency disease? A daily intake of
2.2 mg will help to prevent deficiency diseases. Pregnant women need
2.6 mg and lactating women need
2.5 mg of pyridoxine daily.
3. What are the dietary sources of pyridoxine? Fish, liver and citrus fruits are some of the dietary sources of pyridoxine.
4. Can I take any other medications along with pyridoxine supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications
5. How should I take pyridoxine supplements? You should take pyridoxine supplements every day after meals. Follow the instructions given by your physician or the manufacturer for safe use. Vitamin B12:
1. What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking vitamin B12 supplements? You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking vitamin B12 supplements.
2. Can vitamin B12 supplements safe for children? Yes, vitamin B12 supplements are safe for children. They are prescribed for the treatment of pernicious anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency in the infants and children.
3. Can I take vitamin B12 supplements during pregnancy? Yes, you can take vitamin B12 supplements during pregnancy as it promotes the growth of red blood cells in the mother and fetus. It also promotes the development of nerves in the fetus. However, consult your physician before taking the medication.
4. Should I undergo any test while taking vitamin B12 supplements? Vitamin B12 supplements may cause hypokalemia in patients with severe vitamin B12 deficiency. So get your electrolyte levels checked regularly.
5. Can I take any other medications along with vitamin B12 supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications. Folic acid:
1. Is it necessary to take folic acid supplements during pregnancy? Yes, folic acid supplements prevent the neural tube defects in the fetus and enhance the development of brain in the fetus. However, consult your physician to know the right dose and for the safe use of the drug.
2. Does folic acid used for the treatment of anemia? Yes. Folic acid plays a role in the formation of new red blood cells and is used for the treatment folic acid deficiency anemia.
3. Which food substances are the rich sources of folic acid? Spinach, broccoli, pulses and sunflower seeds are the rich sources of folic acid.
4. Can I take any other medications along with folic acid supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications
5. How should I take folic acid supplements? You should take folic acid supplements every day after meals. Follow the instructions given by your physician or the manufacturer for safe use.